Wednesday, December 1, 2010

rabbit rabbit

I didn't get the internship. I mean, I'm assuming I didn't since today is registration.

My school offers internships in exchange for free classes. It would be great to have free classes, but it seems that it's reserved for older students.

Registration goes up at 12 and my guess there will be a mad rush, and if college is any indicator, I wouldn't be surprised if I encounter a slow server. How the hell did people do this stuff before the internet?

It's snowing outside my building. A few weeks ago I contacted a temp agency who placed me at my current job. Where am I, might you ask? At a medical staffing company. In other words, my temp agency placed me at... a temp agency. I spend the day calling people from our database to offer them jobs. How's that for irony? I feel like a reverse telemarketer. If I can offer any advice to people annoyed with telemarketers, here it is: just let it go to voicemail. I don't want to talk to you any more than you want to talk to me, but we all have jobs to do.

1 comment:

  1. 1) I didn't know you were in school. Please elaborate!
    2) You have no idea the treachery of registration pre-internet. We'd get in line as soon as the registrar's bldg opened and just stay there all flippin' day waiting to sign up for classes. THE HORROR. And god help you if you needed to make a change; you'd have to start all over the next day. :(

    ReplyDelete